As part of the upgrade to Geelong Port’s woodchip export facility at Corio Quay, COVA designed a shiploader and two feed conveyors. The shiploader is located on a dolphin style berth and has luffing, slewing and discharge shuttling functions. The design includes a telescopic discharge chute with a jetslinger.
The design included an automatic sampling system and a system for removing metallic foreign particles. The safety system was designed to AS4024 using a safety PLC, including an anti-collision system for a shiploader boom, a telescopic chute, and a ship movement detection warning system.
Other features include:
- Capacity 1000 tonnes / hour of woodchips on a 1400 mm wide belt
- Shiploader functions include luffing, slewing, shuttling discharge
- Telescopic chute with jetslinger
- Interfacing with existing plant and reclaim conveyor
- Conveyors included automatic woodchip sampling
- Foreign metallic particle removal and metal detection devices
- Safety system design to AS4024 utilising a safety PLC
- Anti-collision system for shiploader boom and telescopic chute
- Ship movement detection warning system