About the business
COVA is a privately owned advisory, engineering and management firm specialising in Bulk Materials Handling, Organic Waste Treatment Facilities, Minerals Processing, Food and Beverage and logistics. Thanks to recent engagements in the Bulk Materials Handling market, we are looking for suitably skilled personnel to join our dynamic and skilled team, to deliver a range of large conveyor and machine projects throughout Australia and Asia. We encourage you to learn more about COVA at our website.
About the role
We are looking for an Experienced Mechanical Design Draftsperson (10+ years experience) to join our Industrial and Process team, delivering superior design solutions. Collaboration and communication are key to our culture, and we value interpersonal skills and teamwork as highly as we do attention to detail and an ability to meet demanding deadlines.
You’ll also possess – and be able to demonstrate – these specific skills:
- Ability to liaise with Engineers to develop preliminary designs
- Ability to develop designs independently for review
- Complete detailed design and construction drawings
- Complete project documentation including issued drawings for version control
- Complete 2D and 3D modelling in software packages such as AutoCAD, Plant 3D, Tekla or Solidworks
- Ensure drawings are completed within allocated hours
- Produce all drawings to the COVA standard
- Record and issue drawings using the COVA document control software
- Participate in Safety in Design risk assessments
- Ensure drawings are stored and filed accurately in the COVA filing directory
- Check drawings
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement of the IMS system
Benefits and perks
COVA offer a package of generous and innovative benefits, flexible work arrangements and a positive work environment. We are committed to ensuring our employees are exposed to interesting, challenging work, supported by extensive ongoing learning and development. Our network spans Australia and Asia, with a diverse and growing client base. For you, this could mean an opportunity to accelerate your career, extend your skills and experience, and contribute to significant, complex projects across the Australasian region.
We invite you to become part of a team that’s ‘Stronger Together’
Skills and experience
It’s likely your background will include:
- 10 years + experience in a multi-disciplinary design / drafting function
- Demonstrated experience within the markets COVAs industrial team specialises in
- Relevant TAFE course e.g. Associate Diploma of Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong AutoCAD skills
- Trade background is desirable but not essential
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
To view this and other Cova vacancies on Seek, please visit: https://www.seek.com.au/jobs?advertiserid=38034203
If you would like more information on this role, please contact Nick Barber on +61 411 844 359 for a confidential discussion.