About the business
COVA is a privately owned advisory, engineering and management firm specialising in Bulk Materials Handling, Organic Waste Treatment Facilities, Minerals Processing, Food and Beverage and logistics. Thanks to recent engagements in the Bulk Materials Handling market, we are looking for suitably skilled personnel to join our dynamic and skilled team, to deliver a range of large conveyor and machine projects throughout Australia and Asia. We encourage you to learn more about COVA at our website.
About the role
We would like to invest in a Senior Engineer who has experience in design management across all building services (10+ years experience) to join our Building & Property team, delivering superior design solutions. Collaboration and communication are key to our culture, and we value interpersonal skills and teamwork as highly as we do attention to detail and an ability to meet demanding deadlines.
The successful candidate will be driven and able to hit the ground running with our building & property team in NSW and deliver current works in hand as well as future local and international projects due to commence in the new year.
You’ll also possess – and be able to demonstrate – these specific skills:
- Ability to liaise with Engineers and Design Drafters to develop preliminary designs
- Manage the delivery of detailed design drawings
- Coordinate all building services personnel to achieve project goals
- Complete project documentation including issued drawings for version control
- Ensure drawings are completed within allocated hours
- Ensure all drawings are produced to the COVA standard
- Provide compliance and scope reviews of all design documents
- Attend client/architect design meetings
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement of the IMS system
- Manage project budgets and programmes
- Provide input to the project manager for invoicing and forecasting requirements
- Coordinate with other consultants and report directly to our clients on design matters
- Be able to work autonomously and with other team members
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
- Stakeholder identification, engagement, consultation and coordination
- Provide technical leadership at a State and National level with the development and maintenance of consistent technical standards, specifications and design software
- Work with the company leadership team to frame future market and growth strategies
Benefits and perks
It is anticipated this position will transition into a senior leadership role for the right candidate, managing all aspects of the NSW Building & Property Team at COVA. This is the perfect position for someone looking to take the next step in their career.
COVA offer a package of generous and innovative benefits, flexible work arrangements and a positive work environment. We are committed to ensuring our employees are exposed to interesting, challenging work, supported by extensive ongoing learning and development. Our network spans Australia and Asia, with a diverse and growing client base. For you, this could mean an opportunity to accelerate your career, extend your skills and experience, and contribute to significant, complex projects across the Australasian region.
We invite you to become part of a team that’s ‘Stronger Together’
Skills and experience
It’s likely your background will include:
- 10 years + experience in a multi-disciplinary design / function
- Relevant degree qualification e.g. Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent experience (satisfies Professional Body requirements for full membership of Engineers Australia)
- Other professional body memberships (eg: RPEQ)
- Experience in a client facing position
- Experience in managing a small team
- Experience in Revit is preferable but not essential
If you’re interested in this role, please contact us at Careers@covathinking.com