About the business
COVA is a privately owned advisory, engineering and management firm specialising in Bulk Materials Handling, Organic Waste Treatment Facilities, Minerals Processing, Food and Beverage and logistics. Thanks to recent engagements in the Bulk Materials Handling market, we are looking for suitably skilled personnel to join our dynamic and skilled team, to deliver a range of large conveyor and machine projects throughout Australia and Asia. We encourage you to learn more about COVA at our website.
About the role
We are looking for an Experienced to Senior Mechanical Engineer (5+ years experience) to join our Industrial and Process team, delivering superior design solutions. Collaboration and communication are key to our culture, and we value interpersonal skills and teamwork as highly as we do attention to detail and an ability to meet demanding deadlines.
You’ll also possess – and be able to demonstrate – these specific skills:
- The ability to identify, engage and consult with project stakeholders to develop creative design solutions
- Complete and document detailed designs
- Provide estimates of effort for tender proposals
- Effectively manage your time to deliver projects on time and on budget
- The ability to successfully manage design teams to deliver projects on time and on budget
- Be familiar with and have participated in Safety in Design Workshops
- The ability to recognise project risks and manage them effectively
- Proven experience with multi discipline projects.
Benefits and perks
COVA offer a package of generous and innovative benefits, flexible work arrangements and a positive work environment. We are committed to ensuring our employees are exposed to interesting, challenging work, supported by extensive ongoing learning and development. Our network spans Australia and Asia, with a diverse and growing client base. For you, this could mean an opportunity to accelerate your career, extend your skills and experience, and contribute to significant, complex projects across the Australasian region.
We invite you to become part of a team that’s ‘Stronger Together’
Skills and experience
It’s likely your background will include:
- 5+ years design experience in a multi-disciplinary design projects
- Experience with bulk materials handling projects
- Experience designing process plant
- Experience in on site construction and or maintenance of plant and equipment
- Experience commissioning plant
- Skills in FEA analysis packages such as Solidworks or Inventor
- Be working towards Chartered Professional Engineers status
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
If you’re interested in this role, please contact us at Careers@covathinking.com